The Noble Project
NATIONAL RECOVERY ACT
PROVISIONALLY EXTENDED CONGRESS OF THE RESTORED UNITED STATES
TO ALL CITIZENS: Let it be known by all now living within the legal boundaries of the United States of America that the people and fundamental institutions of the nation survive. Your enemies have failed in their aggression against humanity, and have been destroyed. A provisional government, acting in continuous succession from the last freely elected Congress and Executive of the United States, is vigorously moving to restore law, public safety, and liberty once more to this beloved land, under the Constitution and the righteous mercy of the Almighty.
TO THESE ENDS: Let it be known that all lesser laws and statutes of the Untied States are suspended, including all debts, liens and judgments made before the outbreak of the Third World War. Until new codes are adopted by the due process, local districts are free to meet emergency conditions as suitable, providing-
1. The freedoms guaranteed under the Bill of Rights shall not be withheld from any man or woman within the territory of the United States. Trials for serious crimes shall be by an impartial jury of one’s peers. Except in cases of dire marital emergency, summary judgments and executions violating due process are absolutely forbidden.
2. Slavery is forbidden. Debt bondage shall not be for life, nor may it be passed from parent to child.
3. Districts, towns, and other entities shall hold proper secret ballot elections on every even-numbered year, in which all men and women over 18 years of age may participate. No person may use official coercion on any other person unless he or she has been so elected, or is directly answerable to a person so elected.
4. In order to assist the national recovery, citizens shall safeguard the physical and intellectual resources of the United States. Wherever and whenever possible, books and prewar machinery shall be salvaged and stored for the benefit of future generations. Local districts shall maintain schools to teach the young.
The Provisional Government hopes to reestablish nationwide radio service by the year 2021. Until that time, all communications must be carried via surface mail. Postal service should be reestablished in the Central and Eastern States by 2011 and in the West by 2018.
5. Cooperation with United States Mail Carriers is a requirement of all citizens. Interference with a letter carrier’s function is a capital crime.
By order of the Provisional Congress
Restored United States of America